Monday, January 5, 2015

Week 13 in Piamonte

Week #54
1/5/15
Well, I am not in a writing mood today, but I will try to make this the greatest letter you've ever read in your whole life. Also, the good thing about not being in a writing mood is that im typing. That was a lame joke. Sorry. 
Well this week went quite well. Our investigators are progressing, we found new people to teach, and the members seem pretty excited for a new year. 
So new year´s was crazy here. We went to bed at normal time, 1030, but people played their music all night. They take out their HUGE speakers and just set them to full volume. I think the music stopped around 5AM. And then when we went out to work on the 1st, we realized the part hadn't stopped. Everyone was grilling meat, and drinking. I think they partied harder on the 1st than on Christmas Eve, Christmas, or the 31st. That was surprising for us. So it wasn´t the easiest to make visits this week, but we still managed to have a week that was way better than the ones weve had. 
So we have been visiting the members more here, trying to help them feel our love, and help them become more converted, hoping that we will receive more references from them. So on Friday we went to visit a member, and when she answered the door, she told us to wait, that the owners of the house wanted to meet us. So our plan is definitely working! The family she introduced us to was really great, and the parents seemed to understand really well our purpose in helping them follow God better in their lives. 
William is doing great, he came to church, and has all the determination to be baptized on Saturday. So were pretty excited! My area hasn't had a baptism in just about 6 months, so we´re getting things going again. I'm excited for William, and were going to visit him daily this week to help him be super prepared for his baptism. 
Ximena is doing great as well. I don't know if I wrote about her last week, but I know that 2 weeks ago, I told about the prayer I made, that someone would come to church that I wasn't expecting. So that was Ximena, and she is doing great. The motor for her investigation and interest in the church is definitely the change she saw in her sister, who is a convert. We were able to visit her once this week, and she accepted a baptismal date for the 24th of this month. So we´re pretty excited for her. She came to church, but not to our ward, since we start at 8am now, and the other ward is at 10am. But she told us in the chapel this week she would be coming to church at 8. 
This week Elder Rodriguez hasn't been feeling that great. He has had a headache a lot, and it makes it tough for him to work. Ive been trying to help him out, and he has been taking medicine, but nothing seems to be working. I think that we will have to go to a doctor this week. 
I'm really happy to be in my area. Although things haven't been easy, we are finally starting to see more success.I know that God loves us, and that He is aware of us. He wants the best for us, but he wont often interfere, He loves us enough to step back and let us act for ourselves. He does, however, always give us second and third chances. I know we have those extra opportunities because of the Christ. I know he payed for our sins, and through him we can be clean. I know that the Book of Mormon helps us grow closer to God, and He can speak to us through it.
Thanks so much for reading,
Elder Beck
Psalms 31:23, 1 John 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment