Sunday, November 29, 2015

Week 11 in Campiña

Week #98
11/23/15
Since pictures are worth 1000 words, this short email will be compensated by pictures.





Well, this week went by quick. Like most every week in the mission. My zone leaders are having lots of fun telling me that this is my last week, im almost done, and that this will be my last (Monday, meeting... etc.) I don't really get why its funny.

This week was a good one. As far as my diligence and work go, in the middle of the week I wasn't working as hard as last week. We didn't lose time, or just sit around, but I wasn't contacting as much, and as a result we didn't find many new investigators in the middle of the week.
You must all be bored of reading my emails. All I ever talk about is the work, finding, and the people we teach, but that really becomes your whole life out here. You don't really focus on much else. So yeah.
We did manage at the end of the week to find a new family of 5, which helped us get close to our goal for finding.

This week Andrea was baptized. It was a stressful service, but the most important things happened, which were the baptisms. The sisters also had a baptism. Elder Ibañez did the ordinance, and I confirmed her on Sunday. I was looking through my journal, and found the day we found Andrea. It was my first week here in Ibague, and we were tracting, and she let us right in. After our second visit, she read and prayed, and received an answer about the Book of Mormon. Then she went on vacation for a month. When she got back we taught again, and she kept progressing. In branch council the RS president was excited to give her a calling in the relief society.

Not much else happened this week. Its been quite normal.

I know that God has restored His church again in the Earth calling a prophet, and that by the Holy Ghost we can know the truth of all things. I know that God want to speak to us and guide us.

Thanks for reading!
Elder Beck

No comments:

Post a Comment