Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Week 22 in Piamonte

Week #62
3/8/15
Well, this week was a tough one, but we had some great moments. We none of our investigators come to church, and María Eugenia and William are both in the hospital. So we didn't get to go to the temple as we had hoped this Saturday with them. Its really sad, but María Eugenia had her surgery, it was successful, and she will be back this week. William just went in this week, and before they took him to a hospital far away, we got to visit him, and that was really special. 

So, on an exchange this week with our district leader and his companion, I had a cool experience. I was with Elder Bailón, from Ecuador, in my area. We didn't have solid plans, and everything in the afternoon had fallen through. We had walked around a lot, and I wasn't quite sure what to do. We went to a less active members house at 5, as planned, but he wasn't home. I saw one of his neighbors was there, and decided to talk to him. We asked him if he knew where the member was, and he told us he didn't know, but he was the owner of the building. After talking to him for a few minutes, we realized how much he needed the gospel. His wife had just left him, and he had been very sick in the hospital. He used to be a professional soccer player, but had a fall from glory. We were able to share a message with him, and during it, we told him about the Atonement of Christ, and gave him a copy of the Book of Mormon. He told us he felt peace and tranquility, so we knew the Spirit had been there for him. We had a second lesson with him this week as well, and he described the same feelings. He told us he knew God had sent us to his path, and I feel like he is going to progress really well.
 
So other than that, this week was tough. Things with my companion haven't been so easy, and we didn't manage to have a lot of lessons. 

This morning while I was working out, the zone leaders called us. Since were not allowed to send text messages anymore, I just assumed they were going to tell us where the zone would play soccer today. They told me they had news, and that there were transfers. I'm leaving! I´m going to Villavicencio, to my companions old area. The city is about 3 hours from Bogota, and it is hot there, but not quite so hot as neiva. So Ill be sweating a lot, and using my short sleeved shirts. There are only Elders in that zone, and I have heard a lot about it from my companion. I was a little sad in the morning, leaving this area behind, not being able to say goodbye to many people. Oh, I leave tonight as well. So, I already have my big suitcase packed. So I wont be able to see William or María Eugenia, but Ill for sure be able to call them. Like I was saying, its bittersweet, but I am excited for new experiences and a new city. 

I know the Lord´s plan for each one of us is perfect, and He knows us. I know that the greatest joy we can feel is when we are doing His will, and completing the purpose we have. I know the Book of Mormon is true, and that Christ´s own church has been restored after a long apostasy. 

Thanks so much for reading!

Elder Beck 
Picture:
Elder Brown, Elder Wright, and i (or me?)

No comments:

Post a Comment