Monday, June 23, 2014

Week #3 in La Candelaria!

Week # 26
6-23-14
This week went well. The best part was that we were able to hold the baptismal service of Idalia M. She asked that the bishop her baptized her, which for me was the best option. She is really amazing, I feel like I had a really small part in her conversion, and that God really had prepared her. Its really humbling to see that what we do here is really just help people, and that their conversion is theirs. The testimony she bore after her baptism was really touching, and great to listen to.
On Sunday I spoke in church. I spoke about the talk from President Uchtdorf called, are you sleeping through the restoration? (forgive my translation). I felt really good speaking in church, and I could feel the spirit as I invited the people here to get more involved with missionary work. Im not sure what more to say, but it was a really nice experience for me. 
Today we were able to go to the temple! We got up about an hour early and left eh house at 630. We took the bus across Bogota, which took about andhour and a half. Bogota is really big. So standing in the bus for about 3 hours today wasnt super fun, but going to the temple was really great. Getting to feel the peace that exists there was really calming. It was nice to be able to relax and enjoy the spirit that dwells in the temple.
More than that, this week has been pretty normal. Im still learning how to work well with Elder Fernandes. Things are tough, but were working to get better. 
I look back on my time in Neiva now, understanding why I had to be there. i really learned how to work there and to communicate. I learned the purpose of my work here, and how to really apply myself. I know that right now, I could be better as well with using what I learned. 
Thanks so much for reading, sorry theres not too much news this week. 
Elder Beck






No comments:

Post a Comment