Monday, June 30, 2014

Week #4 in La Candelaria

Week #27
6/30/14

Well, this week was very easy, because we didnt really work at all. This week we didnt really work monday(as normal), Tuesday(for Colombia`s game), Thursday(for a training with the mission president), and Saturday(for the soccer game). The worst part is Colombia keeps winning. People went crazy this week. I heard a few people died here in Bogotà because of the victory celebrations. I guess its a good thing President keeps us inside a little after the games end. So this week we didnt work a ton, but we managed to get things done.
On Thursday with our multi-zone conference with President Lozano, we focused a lot on our ward council, and how to help people come to church. It was great to hear new ideas, and I feel like we have a lot of new things to do. After the meetings, President Lozano pulled Elder Fernandes and me to the side and talked with us. I guess one of our leaders told him we were having problems. He didnt say too much to us, just to fix it. And the weird thing is, things are going a whole lot better. Maybe it was just changing my attitude and deciding to work well with Elder Fernandes, but eveything is different. Im really happy, and pulling us aside was the best thing President could have done.
This week we were able to hold the baptisimal service of Andres Torres. Andres is a great young man, and ready to live the commandments of God. his baptismal service was a little bit of a fiasco. We got there aout 20 minutes late, and later it took the bishop another 40 minutes to arrive.All went well, and we managed to have Andres baptized just fine. Elder Fernandes got to go into the water with him. The best part is that we were able to get all of Andres` family to come to the service, which was a miracle. He was confirmed, and received the Aaronic priesthood straightaway this Sunday. 
When we went to pick up Andres for church on sunday, his friend David came with us. He also had accompanied us to the baptism the night before, and as we were walking to the bus stop, he asked me if he could be baptized too. Explaining eveything to him was really great for me, and I am excited to start teaching David and his family. We have an appointment for tomorrow, so we will see how that goes. 
Here in Bogota, I have finished enjoying the cold, and now im just cold a lot. Its temperate and perfect during the day, but once the sun goes down, it gets colder. 
Not much else is new.
Something I learned this week in my personal study was God`s will with justice and mercy. I think I already knew it, but as I read chapters 7-12(?) of Alma, I understood the doctrine more. I learned that God will be just with those who have not heard His law, offering them salvation, and those who have heard his law and ignored it, allowing them to suffer. He will be merciful to those who know his law, and repent, giving salvation to them as well. For me, it helped to understand more what is the will of God. I really enjoy reading form the Book of Mormon, and I have seen that my mind has been open to receive greater understanding.
Thanks for reading!
Elder Beck.
So sorry, no pictures this week. The computer has no place for my SD card, and I am without my converter.

No comments:

Post a Comment