Monday, September 1, 2014

Week 13 in La Candelaria

Week #36
9/1/14
This week was another tough one, but I have a lot of hope for improvement!
Elder Martinez and I set the goal to read the whole Book of Mormon this transfer, and Im really excited! Its so cool he wants to do it too!
Last Tuesday was a really hard day. At 5pm we were supposed to have a first lesson with a new family, and we went to the house they told us and nobody was home. We called the dad and he told us he would get there in about 30 minutes. When we called a little later his phone was off. It was really discouraging, and we werent able to make many visits. 
This week we had our first lesson with the guy from Mexico we talked to last sunday, and the lesson went really well. It seems his girlfriend is more interested than he is, but I have a lot of hope for them. 
On Saturday our whole zone went to the area of the sisters to contact fopr an hour. It was a really cool activity and the sisters now have their hands full with a bunch of references. I cant wait for everyone to come to my area. 
On Friday I went on an exchange with Elder Rojas from our district, and it was a great day. I think I learned a lot from him, that he has no fear and makes no excuses to talk to people in the street, and that really inspired me. 
In our area we have been having the problem of finding new people to teach, and not having much to do. This sunday we FINALLY got the less actives list, so we are going to be able to help people come back to church and get to know their friends. Yesterday we also fasted to know what we need to do to find new people to teach. So as a companionship we will be waiting to receive revelation. 
Sorry I dont have more time to write, our time is short today. I am so happy to have received the blessings of the atonement of Jesus Christ in my life, and I hope all of you can experience it as well!
Thanks so much for reading!
Mosiah 26:30, 2Nephi 26:31, Mosiah 23:11

No comments:

Post a Comment