Monday, September 15, 2014

Week 15 in La Candelaria

Week #38
9/15/14
Hey everyone! This week went a lot better. In our district meeting, my companion, Elder Martinez gave great training about faith, and how one of the biggest parts of our faith is diligence. So the commitment he extended was that we could talk to EVERY family we see in the street, to find new investigators and to help more familys know how to find eternal life together. So we talked to a lot more families this week. Not EVERY family we saw, because we saw a lot of families, especially sunday, but we talked to a lot more, and I felt a lot better with our work. 
I don´t know if I´ve said in earlier emails, but one of my zone leaders now is Elder Bannister, from Riverside! On Thursday we went on an exchange in my area, and we had an awesome experience. We were walking in the street, and I decided to talk to a couple. After talking to them for about 7 minutes, they invited us to their house, and we shared with them the restoration. Elcy, the wife was really interested, but her husband didnt pay much attention, which was sad. We have another appointment tomorrow, so we´ll see how that goes!
On Friday we were walking to an appointment and we talked to another family in the street, and they were super cool. It was the parents and 2 kids, and it seemes like they were actually married! The only problem was that we couldnt place an appiontment to visit them, but were going to be calling them this week. 
Yesterday our plans fell through around 7, so we went to our last appointment early, and had an awesome family home evening with some less actives and Duvernery. It was really fun to laugh a lot and relax, and then have a spiritual lesson after. 
I dont have too much more to say for this week. Were keeping up, working hard and having fun. I love being with Elder Martínez, and am really enjoying my time.
I know that Jesus Christ is our saviour, and that we can become completely clean through him. I love the Book of Mormon, and again suggest reading it daily. 
Thanks for reading!
Elder Beck
Pics: our district and zone members, our bishop, and his super cute daughter.




No comments:

Post a Comment