Monday, November 3, 2014

Week 4 in Piamonte

Week #45
11/3/14
So week 4 just ended. This transfer is flying by. This week we had some amazing experiences, coupled with a lot of challenges. I begin with the challenges to end on a positive note. 
So this week we had a lot of plans and appointments to find new people to teach. It has been a big focus for us in these last few weeks, because our district and zone leaders are putting on a lot of pressure for the noche blanca. We didnt find anyone this week. Well, we did find one person. We met Luis when we knocked on the wrong door, and he came out. We had a quick lesson with him, and taught about the Book of Mormon. When we came back for the second visit, he told us he couldnt accept our doctrine, because his pastor had told him no. So that was tough. In the rest of the week we had more than 10 appointments in which we had hoped to find new investigators, but they ALL fell through, so that has been hard, but we realized as a companionship that we havent really given everything we have this week, so we have plans to work harder. 
The second fun challenge was getting sick.I got a fun headcold on Thursday, and spent the day kind of off. On Friday I called president´s wife, and she told me to stay inside, so on halloween I didnt get to do anything. Saturday went a lot better, and now im back to normal. 
Now to the good stuff-
If I wrote about it last week, we found a less active member knocking on doors. So this week we had our first lesson with him. We read 2 scriptures from Alma 5, and talked about him coming back to church. He said he wanted too, and it was a nice lesson. Before the lesson, he had told me that when he had gotten divorced over 10 years ago, his wife kept all of the books from the church. At the end of the lesson, I gave him a copy of the book of mormon. He was surprised, and asked ´really?´ I told him, yeah, of course and he kept silent. He began to cry, and my eyes watered up too. It was a really special moment to see how much he valued the Book of Mormon, and it was a big lesson for me. It was one of the high points of my mission. 
We have also been visiting Liliana a lot. Cesar has dropped off the face of the earth, we cant find him. But Liliana is doing great! She is reading the Book of Mormon and told us she felt she had gotten an answer that its right for her! She also says that whenever we visit her she feels peace. Its amazing to see how the spirit works in her. THe only difficulty is that she has toruble accepting a baptismal date. She wants to get baptized, she just doesnt want to decide when. Se we´re focusing on that she can understand the importance of baptism, and ask God if the 29th is the right day for her. We have another lesson with her tonight, and im excited. 
I had an exchange this week with Elder Jensen, our zone leader. It was nice getting out of my area, and not worrying about anything for a day, and to spend time with one of my good friends. 
The work is hard here, but its worth it. I know that we are going to find great success. I know God loves us, and wants the best for us. He is always willing to forgive us (Isaiah 55:7, Mosiah 26:30). Im so happy to do the Lord´s work, and be his servant. 
Thanks for reading!
Elder Beck
Pics:
for halloween, i was Doctor Elder Beck. Just kidding, I was sick

No comments:

Post a Comment