Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Week 11 in Piamonte

12/22/14
Week #52
Merry Christmas everyone!
Well, this week was pretty normal as far as the work went, but we had some special events to start out the week. 
On Monday we went to the central stake center here, and we had a Christmas devotional with President and a dinner as well. The food was really good. All of the Elders in Bogotá went, so I got to see a lot of old companions and friends. 
On Tuesday there were transfers in the mission, but our district stayed the same. I suppose President decided to do them before Christmas. Elder Bittner, my companion from the MTC went to Leticia! Its the city in the jungle, that borders Brazil and Peru. You can only get there by plane. So that was fun news! On Tuesday we went back to the stake center for a training with President. I liked his focus, on our progression, and helping us know how we can work more effectively. 
On Wednesday we had 4 lessons, which was great. We got to see all of our investigators, and everyone is doing well. 
On Thursday I hit the year mark! That was strange. To think that half of the time I have here is gone, it freaks me out. 
This week William came to church, and in priesthood at the end of the class, the teacher thanked him for coming, and he said he was really grateful to be there, and that he was decided to be firm in coming throughout the new year. 
On Sunday morning we were really only expecting William to come to church, but I prayed that somebody we weren't expecting would come. And when we got to the second hour, I realized a member had brought her sister, who lives in our area, so I was pleasantly surprised, and my prayer was answered. So that was a really cool experience. 
This week I spent a lot of time in my studies focused on learning more about the Holy Ghost, and how he works with me. I read a great talk by David A Bednar, which said that in the confirmation, the words ´receive the Holy Ghost` commands the person to do all things possible in their lives to receive the Holy Ghost, not just passive allow him to enter our lives, but to work to invite him. I really liked that talk. 
So that was pretty much our week. Im really happy here with my area and my companion. I have hope, and know that things will go well. In know that Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. He is why we have Christmas, to celebrate that God sent us Salvation, the greatest gift that has been given to mankind. 
Thanks so much for reading
Elder Beck
Pictures: us with William, William and his son, and the district
Helaman 10:17, 1 Nephi 16:28



No comments:

Post a Comment